Friday, January 14, 2022

First updates of the year

A happy new year to all visitors to my website. On a personal level 2021 could have been a lot better, but I did have some nice opportunities to take pictures and improve older pages and create some new ones. I made 19 trips (mostly short ones) that took me to 75 towns and villages where I took pictures of 148 churches, chapels and towers, 55 of which were new in my collection and have been or will be added to various municipality pages.

Speaking of updates, in 2021 there were the two big thematic updates concerning the architects W. te Riele and A. Tepe respectively, which together came with eleven new pages and a few radically improved ones. Three new architects were also added to that section as well as two more specific churches. That's a total of sixteen new pages. Older pages were improved in the Gelderland and Limburg section mostly. 

Work on the page about another architect was only one of the many victims of this year's long interruption between February and October. I hope to tell you all about this J.W. Boerbooms and his churches soon. And perhaps I'll do another architect-related thematic update again. 

Now let's hope, once again, for a better year. Here for a start are the first updates:

New the Gelderland section is a page about the municipality Maasdriel. In the Utrecht section the pages about the Vijfheerenlanden, Soest and Zeist municipalities are expanded, while the one about the St. Joseph church in Zeist (another W. te Riele update) has many new and improved pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment